App to access a mobile device from a desktop
The AirDroid app gives users incredible flexibility when it comes to controlling your Android phone or tablet remotely. With this app, you can manipulate your device from the browser on any personal computer from anywhere in the world.
You may find that you prefer managing the content on your Android device through another computer using AirDroid because of the improved control of what you are doing. When you use this app, you have the option of using an actual mouse that could prevent you from accidentally tapping your finger on the device's screen when and where you did not intend to. The bigger screen of the desktop or laptop can also be very beneficial when managing your device. AirDroid allows you to make a variety of changes to your phone or tablet, including uninstalling apps, and adding or removing certain elements. In reality, the options are nearly limitless.
The most popular function provided by AirDroid is the ability it gives users to move files, such as videos, music files, and photos to the computer from the device with great ease. Users can even send messages through their devices after typing them on the personal computer. There is no doubt that numerous people will find this to be a very useful option since many struggle with typing emails and text messages on the small keyboards their devices provide.
AirDroid works with various types of internet browsers, including Safari, Mozilla, and Google Chrome, so you are sure to be able to make this app work with a variety of systems.
- Makes it easy to manage a device's components through any computer's browser.
- Works with various types of browsers.
- Some users have experienced problems with texting after updating the app.
[Security update] This release provides an important security update that fixes an issue where AirDroid may be vulnerable to eavesdropping and data leakage under untrusted networks. To protect your data, please install this update to continue using AirDroid.
Potentially dangerous permissions
- ACCESS_COARSE_LOCATION: Allows an app to access approximate location. Alternatively, you might want ACCESS_FINE_LOCATION.
- ACCESS_FINE_LOCATION: Allows an app to access precise location. Alternatively, you might want ACCESS_COARSE_LOCATION.
- CALL_PHONE: Allows an application to initiate a phone call without going through the Dialer user interface for the user to confirm the call.
- CAMERA: Required to be able to access the camera device.
- GET_ACCOUNTS: Allows access to the list of accounts in the Accounts Service.
- PROCESS_OUTGOING_CALLS: Allows an application to see the number being dialed during an outgoing call with the option to redirect the call to a different number or abort the call altogether.
- READ_CALL_LOG: Allows an application to read the user's call log.
- READ_CONTACTS: Allows an application to read the user's contacts data.
- READ_EXTERNAL_STORAGE: Allows an application to read from external storage.
- READ_PHONE_STATE: Allows read only access to phone state, including the phone number of the device, current cellular network information, the status of any ongoing calls, and a list of any PhoneAccounts registered on the device.
- READ_SMS: Allows an application to read SMS messages.
- RECEIVE_SMS: Allows an application to receive SMS messages.
- RECORD_AUDIO: Allows an application to record audio.
- SEND_SMS: Allows an application to send SMS messages.
- WRITE_CALL_LOG: Allows an application to write (but not read) the user's call log data.
- WRITE_CONTACTS: Allows an application to write the user's contacts data.
- WRITE_EXTERNAL_STORAGE: Allows an application to write to external storage.
- ACCESS_NETWORK_STATE: Allows applications to access information about networks.
- ACCESS_WIFI_STATE: Allows applications to access information about Wi-Fi networks.
- BATTERY_STATS: Allows an application to collect battery statistics
- CHANGE_NETWORK_STATE: Allows applications to change network connectivity state.
- CHANGE_WIFI_MULTICAST_STATE: Allows applications to enter Wi-Fi Multicast mode.
- CHANGE_WIFI_STATE: Allows applications to change Wi-Fi connectivity state.
- DISABLE_KEYGUARD: Allows applications to disable the keyguard if it is not secure.
- GET_TASKS: This constant was deprecated in API level 21. No longer enforced.
- INSTALL_SHORTCUT: Allows an application to install a shortcut in Launcher.
- INTERNET: Allows applications to open network sockets.
- KILL_BACKGROUND_PROCESSES: Allows an application to call killBackgroundProcesses(String).
- PACKAGE_USAGE_STATS: Allows an application to collect component usage statistics
- RESTART_PACKAGES: This constant was deprecated in API level 8. The restartPackage(String) API is no longer supported.
- SET_WALLPAPER: Allows applications to set the wallpaper.
- SYSTEM_ALERT_WINDOW: Allows an app to create windows using the type TYPE_SYSTEM_ALERT, shown on top of all other apps. Very few apps should use this permission; these windows are intended for system-level interaction with the user.
- VIBRATE: Allows access to the vibrator.
- WAKE_LOCK: Allows using PowerManager WakeLocks to keep processor from sleeping or screen from dimming.
- WRITE_SETTINGS: Allows an application to read or write the system settings.